This might just be the best granola recipe I have ever found! Especially one that falls into the realm of sugar and gluten free. You can adjust any ingredient to fit your requirements, tastes and ingredients in your pantry. My favourite way to eat this for breakfast is simply with yoghurt and berries– divine start to the day! Prepare to celebrate in this sweet, crunchy and filling granola my Candida-Diet Friends!
Sugar Free Granola
- 2 cups of oats (if gluten free, ensure they are gf certified oats)
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup fine unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup mixed nuts and seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seed, chopped hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 drops of liquid stevia (or you can substitute 1/2 cup sugar)
- 3/4 cups warm water
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- Combine all wet ingredients and all dry ingredients and add in the wet into the dry and stir until it is mixed thoroughly.
- Spread out on a coconut oil greased baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in hot oven and cook for 45-60 minutes or until crunchy and just starting to change colour. Stir often to avoid burning the granola.
- Let cool and store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.