For those days where you are looking for something light and fresh, but still crave a nice starch to fill your belly, this is the perfect recipe. It is great with leftover roast beef or medium rare roast beef from your local deli. The light veg toppings are fresh with mint and sweet and sour from the dressing. Adjust the amount of curry and hot sauce in your mayo depending on your tastes. We paired with the curried sweet potato soup, yum!
- 1/2 cup carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions chopped finely
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 baguette
- thinly sliced roast beef
- Combine mayonnaise, curry paste and hot side and set aside.
- Combine lemon juice, vinegar, sesame oil, fish sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Toss in the sliced veggies and herbs with the dressing
- Toast baguette until crispy enough to hold the veg/dressing.
- Spread curried mayo on baguette, top with veg and roast beef and dig in!